Last updated on October 6th, 2022 at 11:44 am
A friend of mine told me about the southwest wanna get away fare and the wanna get away calendar while I was flying with Southwest Airlines recently. Not many people know about Southwest wanna get away fares. You can find the cheapest Southwest flight by using wanna get away fares.
In this post, I’ll share all you need to know about wanna-get-away fares and how to access the southwest wanna get away calendar.
What is Southwest Wanna Get Away Calendar?
Wanna Get Away is the cheapest fare class on Southwest. It also allows you to bring a small carry-on bag for overhead bins and doesn’t charge you a cancellation fee, unlike other airlines with basic economy fares.
Using this calendar, passengers can find budget-friendly flights on their return or departure dates. With this calendar, you can compare flights for different periods, and choose the one that suits your needs the best. Find the cheapest flight in the shortest time possible by comparing both domestic and international flights.
How To Find Southwest Wanna Get Away Calendar?
The southwest wanna get away calendar can be found and used from southwest Airlines’ website, just like the low fare calendar. To find the southwest wanna get away fare calendar, follow these steps.
- Visit – https://www.southwest.com/air/low-fare-calendar/
- Enter your depart, arrive and click on search button.
- Now in the fare type select wanna get away.
- Now you’ll get the southwest wanna get away fare calendar.
How to Book Flight Using Wanna Get Away Calendar?
Now that we know how to find the wanna get away calendar, let’s discuss how to book wanna get away flights.
- Access southwest wanna get away fare following the steps above.
- Search for the cheapest date or select your travel date and click on search button.
- Select wanna get away flight and click on continue.
- Scroll down and click on the continue button.
- Fill in the passenger information and click on purchase.
- Complete your payment.
This is how you can easily book flight using the southwest wanna get away calendar.
Things to Know About Southwest Wanna Get Away Fares
These are some important things you should know about southwest wanna get away fares.
- You’ll get 6 rapid reward point for every $1 spent on wanna get away.
- There is no penalty on wanna get away flight cancellation. But make sure that you’re cancelling your flight 10 minutes before departure.
- After cancellation you’ll get flight credit not refund. There is no expiry dates of flight credits.
- Wanna get away passengers are not eligible for same day flight change or same day stanby.
- There is no charge for changing southwest flight. But make sure you are changing your flight at least 10 minutes before scheduled departure.
- You can take 2 checked bags on wanna get away fare for free.
Features of Southwest Wanna Get Away Calendar
The Southwest Wanna Get Away Calendar allows the passengers to find the flights that suit their pockets. You can travel anywhere in the world worry-free.
- If you have made up your mind to have a pocket-friendly trip in 2022, then Southwest Wanna Get Away Calendar is the one that came to your rescue.
- Pick up the best deals and suitable dates before the deals changes in the calendar.
- If you are flexible with dates and can adjust your plans then make sure to search between the months or week to find the lowest day.
- You can also pay for your flight tickets by using the reward points.
- There are limited seats for the Wanna get away Fares, so passengers need to hurry and book their flight as early as possible.
- If you are not able to cancel your flight 10 minutes before the scheduled flight departure then your ticket amount will be forfeited.
Benefits of using Southwest Wanna Get Away Calendar
There are various benefits of using the Southwest Wanna Get Away Calendar. Some are mentioned below:
- By using the Southwest Wanna Get Away Calendar, passengers will save the maximum on their ticket which they can spend on other important things.
- Passengers receive many excellent services at a reasonable price such as flight change, seat upgrade, flight boarding, selection of seats, etc.
- Passengers will receive the travel credit if they had cancelled their flight. The travel credit can be used on future travel within 12 months from the initial date of booking.
- Southwest Get Away tickets cost is very low. Sometimes it can be below $40.
- You also earn rapid reward points on your journey with Southwest Wanna Get Away. You will get 6 points for every dollar you spent on your base fare. These points are redeemable. You can use your earn points on your future travel.
How does The Southwest Wanna Get Away Calendar works?
By using The Southwest Wanna Get Away Calendar, you will receive the best and affordable deals possible. It is a great opportunity for passengers who are flexible with their travel dates as they save the maximum amount on their fares. Mostly on the weekends, the fares are more expensive than on weekdays. Hence, if you are a flexible traveler then book your ticket with the help of this calendar during the weekdays as you will get tickets as low as $40.
There is a 10-minute cancellation window for wanna Get Away flights, and if you fail to cancel your flight within that time frame, you will forfeit the ticket amount. You have one year to use the travel fund you received after cancellation, otherwise it will be forfeited.
Yes! If you had purchased the lowest Southwest Wanna Get Away tickets, you need to buy the fare difference to fly the Standby flight. Once you receive your boarding pass, you will be charged that amount.
As per the data of the past booked journeys, three days in the week are the cheapest to fly with Southwest. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday are the cheapest day to get your tickets.
If you were unable to cancel your reservation or miss a flight then you will be marked as a No-Show by the airlines and your Wanna Get Away Flight will be lost.
Yes! It is a guaranteed seat. All the fare types have guaranteed seats except others have additional benefits while boarding on the plane.
More helpful posts: